Monday, October 24, 2011

What can I say?

Marion made me a lovely lunch, and, gave me a big bag of her handmade cards to help raise funds for the Charity, PINNT, that Martin and I belong to.
I was very shocked when I saw Martin this afternoon. Where he had had the tension sutures between the bottom of the sternum and his bellybutton the skin was very inflamed. I wonder why they had not been removed before, knowing how prone he is to infection.
I stayed in the room, for the first time, whilst his nurse and physio rolled him. This is to help dislodge the secretions that have built up in his lungs. Then they are suctioned off with a catheter that is passed down his intubation piece. That was when I saw the awful raw patches on his back, bottom, undercarriage and heels.
Martin did not have a cystoscopy after all but another broncoscopy. His windpipe is swollen so a biopsy was taken.
When I pulled up onto the drive tonight I drove straight through the closed garage door. I think my brain just went to sleep. What a wally!!
Hugs
Cally x

2 comments:

  1. Oh Cally,I'm so sorry things are not getting better with Hubby....Bed sores are so painful for them,I know my Mum had them when she was in hospital earlier this year,hope they get them sorted real quick,so it's one less thing for you to worry about....Take care...
    Mandy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cally
    I think of you all the time and wonder how you are :) just been reading through your blog and am so saddened to hear about Martin
    Please take care of yourself
    Sending you big hugs and lots of love
    Lynne xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment.